C18 - Paying for Home Support Services
If you have the financial resources or your family is able to help, you may choose to pay for the home support services you need.
- You are free to choose the service you like. You don't have to use the Ministry of Health contractors.
- It can be stressful making contact with services and deciding which one suits your needs.
- Some home support services do not take private paying clients.
What do I need in order to take this option?
- You must be able to pay for the home support service you choose.
- A suitable home support service must be available in your area.
Could this option limit my future choices?
No, but if you move and your needs remain the same, you will have to check whether your home support service provider can work in your new area or could help you find a similar
Investigate whether your region has any services specifically designed to help older people. For example, Age Concern Canterbury coordinates a home support service that assesses
providers and brokers lower rates for their members.
For more information