C10 - Kāinga Ora
Kāinga Ora is a Crown agent that provides subsidised rental accommodation to people in serious housing need.
Kāinga Ora is the largest social housing provider in New Zealand and owns/manages approximately 60,000 properties throughout the country.
Eligibility for Kāinga Ora housing is based on an assessment of need and duration (ie, if your circumstances improve, you may no longer be eligible for a Kāinga Ora rental).
- You will be able to pay an affordable rent that is related to your income.
- A significant component of Kāinga Ora's housing stock is old, not modified for people who have a disability and may not be located near shops or important services.
What do I need in order to take this option?
- You need to meet Kāinga Ora eligibility criteria.
- Kāinga Ora properties need to be available in your
To be eligible, you must:
- have a serious housing need
- be able to show you have done everything you can to try and find a place to live
- have a low income and no or few assets. Age alone is not a high priority factor in the allocation of Kāinga Ora housing.
Could this option limit my future choices?
For more information